Our European research project EDUCA4ALL, co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union was plubicly presented last week. In the virtual event conclusions of the work months were presented, showing the current situation of awareness and Universal Design inclusion in the university education of Architecture and Civil Engineering degrees.
Drawn conclussions from the different stages of the proyect are the following
1. In general, the starting point is low ,and there is a long way to go
2. There is still confusion between Accessibility in the contents of the Study Plans and the adaptation of the curriculum for people with disabilities
3. Awareness on this topic is not a task overdue
4. Teacher training is scarce in this area
5. The integration in curricula is insufficient and uneven according to the blocks
6. There is a great diversity between universities, so flexibility and different ways of achieving it are necessary.
The whole event can be watched again in Youtube, in the following link.